Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Home Sweet Home


After spending nearly a week in the Caribbean with my parents, I jumped a plane back to the great old state of Michigan to finish up the rest of my break between semesters. This was the perfect way to unwind after a stressful 2nd semester, with some home-style R and R. While much of my time was spent sleeping in, lounging around the house, and watching TV with the fam, I was also able to spend time with Katie and her family. Katie and I went out for our "date night" that I had promised her, we watched her little sister's high-school play at Spring Lake High School, spent a night out at the local favorite, Whitlow's Bar in Fruitport with some of my high-school friends, and I also had the opportunity to attend Katie's college graduation from Grand Valley State University, in downtown Grand Rapids. Judging by all the things I was able to squeeze in, I'm not sure my break could have come at a better time. Here is a quick look at my time back home...


Downtown GR for date night

Downtown GR

Katie, Lynn, and Me after the play

Whitlows with the guys

Whitlows on a Friday night

Jodi stole the mic, and stole the show

The next morning before graduation

The ceremony at Van Andel Arena

Action shot after the ceremony

Cheers! Dinner after graduation

No comments:

Post a Comment